12 October 2021

First Impressions of Civilization VI on Switch

Photo: Steam

I got Sid Meier's Civilization VI on Switch a few days ago. Previous installment is one of my favourite games, and after seeing that I can have Civilization game on my Switch to play whenever and wherever I am seemed a dream come true. I was little worried how the game works on controller setup but surprisingly it has been enjoyable so far. 

Civilization VI plays like your ordinary Civilization game with some new and interesting mechanics which I need to spend some time learning and I’m happy that at the same it feels familiar yet new and mysterious. Graphics look good, though being a console version the UI resolution is a little bit big for my preferences but maybe there’s a way to change that? Though I couldn’t see smaller elements from my TV so maybe big UI is all good in this case.

Controls seemed weird at first glance but I got hang of them pretty quickly. Civilization VI uses controller buttons wisely and though there’s nothing like that precision you’ll get with mouse, it’s not needed in slow-paced game like this too much. Of course I’d prefer using mouse anytime, but the fact that this allows me to take game with me all around is a price I’m willing to pay for the controls.

And that’s that. I enjoyed Civilization VI and I’m pretty sure it’s gonna take FIFA’s place as my new addiction. You should give it a try too!

No comments:

Post a Comment